You need not venture out too far or to the neighbouring city if you’re up for some Italian goodness. Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano is now open right in the heart of Tagbilaran City, Bohol.
Formerly Dong Juan restaurant, the white Victorian-inspired pre-World War II residential structure is once again transformed into instagram-worthy interiors filled with authentic Italian aroma. The Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano! Located at 23 M. Parras Street corner G. Visarra Street (next to the Dory Bus Terminal and BCCTV), this new food haven is easy to spot on.
Photo Credit: Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano
To be invited to the soft opening was a delight and I was really excited to get my hands on their menu. However, due to my crazy schedule on that day, I only had a small appetite. So, I started by checking their list of drinks instead. And I wasn’t disappointed. Just browsing through their selection of wines was enough to bring a happy smile to my face. They have a few of my favourite reds and whites, so I opted to have a bottle of Cabernet. Without requesting to put it in an ice bucket, the waiter did so automatically. Good service, check! Wine by the glass are available too.
They also have soft drinks, mineral water, san pellegrino, san miguel pilsen, san miguel light, san miguel flavour, naztro azzuro, peroni, birra moretti, choices of fresh fruit shakes and fresh fruit juices. I’ve tried their fresh pineapple juice and I love how it tasted with just the right sweetness.
Then I checked the food menu. Not bad for one who’s doing a soft opening. They have the following choices:
ANTIPASTI OR APPETIZERS
- Crostino Pomodoro (homemade bread, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese)
- Crostino Contadino (homemade bread, mozzarella cheese, bacon)
- Crostino Bolognese (homemade bread, bolognese sauce, mozzarella cheese)
- Bruschetta Pomodoro (homemade bread, frsh tomato, olive oil, garlic)
- Calzone Fritto (fried folded pizza stuffed with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese)
- Parmigiana di Melanzane (baked eggplant in tomato sauce with parmesan)
TAGLIER SALUMI E FORMAGGI OR COLD CUTS AND CHEESE (served with complimentary focaccia)
- Salumi or Cold Cuts (salame milano, salame piccante, crudo, mortadella, pancetta)
- Formaggi or Cheese (parmigiano, pecorino, fontina, provola ect.)
VELLUTATA OR SOUP (good for 3 – 4 persons)
- Verdure or Vegatble
- Funghi or Mushroom
- Gamberi or Prawn
INSALTE OR SALAD (served with dressing of choice: balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, ranch dressing)
- Roma (lettuce, red cabbage, onion, bellpepper, green mango)
- Firenze (lettuce, green cabbage, tuna, sweet corn, fresh tomato)
- Venezia (lettuce, red cabbage, black olive, carrots, fresh tomato)
PASTA FRESCA OR HOMEMADE FRESH PASTA
- Lasagna bolognese
- Lasagna pesto
- Tagliatelle (bolognese, carbonara, pesto) or (pistacchio, walnut, 4 cheese)
- Ravioli (bolognese, carbonara, pesto) or (pistacchio, walnut, 4 cheese)
SPAGHETTI, PENNE, LINGUINE
- Linguine Bolognese (bolognese sauce)
- Spaghetti Carbonara (eggs, bacon, parmesan, black pepper)
- Linguine al Pesto Genovese (homemade pesto, extra virgin olive oil, parmesan)
- Penne Formaggi (fresh cream, blue cheese, parmesan, fontina, emmental, butter)
- Spaghetti in Crema di Pistacchio (fresh cream, pistacchio, parmesan)
- Penne in Salsa di Noce (fresh cream, walnut, parmesan)
PIZZA (You can request to add cheese, salame or any other add at a reasonable price.)
- Olive (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, olive)
- Prosciutto Funghi (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushroom)
- Hawaiian Tropican (mozzarella cheese, ham, pineapple)
- Pancetta (tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, bacon)
- Ungherese (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, hungarian sausage)
- Bolognese (bolognese sauce, mozzarella cheese)
- Margherita (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, origano)
- Massimo (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, onion, salame pepperoni)
- Vegetariana (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, eggplant, bellpepper, onion, fresh tomato)
- Tonno Cipolla (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, tuna, onion)
- Salame (tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, salame)
- 4 Formaggi (mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, parmesan, pecorino)
- Contadina (mozzarella cheese, bacon)
DOLCE OR DESSERT
- Panna Cotta
- Spuma di Cioccolato
- Torta Caprese al Cioccolato
There you go, the above menu list of Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano would test your Italian language skills. Ha ha ha
Because I was still full, I only tried the freshly baked Massimo’s 4 Formaggi (four cheese pizza) made in wood fire and brick oven. Obviously, I am a cheese lover so I was a sucker for this. It was deliciously thin and crispy and the four cheeses blended perfectly together satiating my cheese urge.
Since I came without my husband, I couldn’t wait to let him try their pizza. So I ordered the Massimo Pizza, the 4-Cheese Pizza and the Pesto Pasta for him. You see, another great thing about Massimo Pizzeria is you can eat their pizzas either warm or cold, yet the taste remains delizioso! (It turned out that their signature Massimo Pizza won over my husband’s palate).
Aside from the Italian dishes, Massimo Pizzeria also offers Sicilian-style Maya Maya Fillet, Grilled Salmon, Pasta Al Nero Di Seppia or Squid Ink Pasta, Roasted USDA Beef Tenderloin, and many others to watch out for.
It was an indulging and pleasurable event for the Bohol Bloggers Collective team to get invited to the soft opening of the newest Italian Restaurant in town – Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano. Their grand opening is tentatively set to be in 2-3 weeks time. You may check for updates and final schedule at Bohol Bloggers Collective Facebook Page, including opening promos that you don’t want to miss.
Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano is under the corporate name of Jalbiamon Corporation. It has other business partners, but operations management are divided between Massimo Montisano (the Chef Consultant), Shobe Uy and Josephine Uy.
The next time you crave for Italian cuisine, Massimo Pizzeria Ristorante Italiano is the place to be, where authentic Italian food is serve at its best! 😉