In an effort to bolster the tourism in the province, the government officials in the province of Bohol alongside the local government unit of the Municipality of Alicia and its Tourism Council, the 2nd Mountain Bike Fest is set to kick off on the terrains of Binabaje Hills in Alicia, Bohol on February 11-12, 2017.
Binabaje Hills’ known for its challenging trails which make it perfect for the said event, not to mention its offering of a panoramic view of the dazzling Bohol sea and scenic landscapes of Alicia’s neighboring towns.
Come February 12, this particular “high ground” in Bohol is expected to be jam-packed with bike enthusiasts who are all ready to pedal up and down the hills with their endurance and strength. Different kind of trails are already being set up in several locations in Bohol such as Cross Country, Enduro, All Terrain, Downhill or Free Ride courses. Binabaje Hills command a more challenging test for bikers due to its downhill and uphill trails.
The race is open in varied categories: beginners, open elite category and for age goup 45 and above. Registration is Php 300 inclusive of a T-shirt. Deadline of registration will be on February 8, 2017.
Because of the grueling and strenuous task at hand, organizers have decided to put up a race agreement and liability waiver to make sure that participants are made fully aware of the possible hazards that go with the race. Besides being aptly trained, participants must be mentally and physically fit as well.
For those who are interested to join, please be informed of the following:
1. You may send your filled-up registration form through a personal message to this page or to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Deadline of submission of the registration form is on Feb. 8, 2017
3. We may accept registrants on the day of the race but the t-shirts will be on a first come first serve basis
4. Only Those who registered on or before February 8, 2017 will surely have a t-shirt.
5. Kindly send your P 300.00 registration fee to Ms. Anecita Bergantin through Palawan Pawnshop.
6. The organizers will not prepare any food for the participants but no need to worry for there will be stalls selling food in the area.
7. Participants who will need accommodations, kindly inform us in advance. The type of accommodations we can prepare are as follows; school, home stay and camp sites but please bring your own tents.
8. The trail is more or less 15 kms and is EXTREME.
9. Participants who are not from Bohol will automatically be under open/elite category.
To join, download your Entry Form by clicking this link to join the Kinatkatay sa Binabaje 2017 2nd Mountain Bike FORM
Bohol is not just about Chocolate Hills, Tarsier or long stretch of white sand beaches; but is correlated with fun, thrill and adventure. Mountain biking is an innovative means to flaunt the province’s natural heritage with the purpose of stirring awareness and support on environmental protection and preservation.